The Alan Robert and Veronica Lenox Cotariu Memorial Scholarship for Navy and Marine Corps Veterans and Active Duty Service Members
The Alan Robert and Veronica Lenox Cotariu Memorial Scholarship Committee is seeking a Navy or Marine Corps active duty service member or veteran who is pursuing his/her first undergraduate degree, to present as our candidate for this highly-competitive scholarship. The specific criteria and requirements are listed below.
The successful candidate:
- Will be Navy or Marine Corps active duty service member or veteran.
- Will be pursuing his/her first bachelor-level degree program.
- Will have completed a minimum of 30 semester hours with a minimum of a 2.5 gpa.
- Will be enrolled at an accredited college or university.
The Cotariu Memorial Scholarship is a one-time award (not renewable) of $1000. The award can be used for tuition, books, and or fees.
Interested candidates should submit a request for the application form to CotariuScholarship@gmail.com no later than 1 April 2018, after which an application will be sent. Completed applications are due no later than 1 May 2018.
A completed application packet will include:
1. The completed application form.
2. A copy of the student’s academic transcripts.
3. A copy of DD214 or a statement of good standing from the command.
4. Three recommendations:
- At least one recommendation should be from an academic advisor or professor.
- At least one recommendation should be from a professional associate.
An interview for each finalist will be scheduled after the close of the application period.
Note: Submission of an application constitutes release for the Alan Robert and Veronica Lenox Cotariu Scholarship committee to use your name and likeness on scholarship promotional materials.