De Anza - Shirley Kawazoe Memorial APASA Scholarship
This award recognizes students who demonstrate leadership and a strong commitment to community service, promoting understanding across cultural differences, and advocating for social justice in the Asian American Pacific Islanders (AAPI) communities.
- Applicant must provide evidence of community service and leadership, through volunteer (non-paid) activities either on-campus or in the broader community within the past 2 years.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in at least 8 units of course work at De Anza College.
- Applicant must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA with successful completion of a minimum of 12 quarter units at De Anza College.
- Financial need will be considered as a tiebreaker among otherwise equal top candidates.
- Applicant may NOT have previously received this scholarship.
Schedule permitting, recipient is expected to attend award ceremony in February . Lunch will be provided for the recipient and guest. *
*Write an additional one page essay, which describes your leadership in or experience fostering cross-cultural awareness or promoting social justice in service to AAPI communities. Show how your service activities have affected your educational and/or career goals.
- Please upload/provide evidence of community service and leadership, through volunteer (non-paid) activities either on-campus or in the broader community within the past 2 years.
- List the name, job position and email from a De Anza College faculty or classified professional staff member familiar with your extracurricular/volunteer activities.