De Anza University Pathway Scholarship
This scholarship is to support De Anza students who are planning to transfer to a four-year college or university. Once awarded, the scholarship is renewable for another two years as long as the recipient meets the continued eligibility requirements. (Total 3 years @ $3,000 per quarter) See below for details.
*Note: If you are a Foothill student, please apply for the Foothill University Pathway Scholarship.
1. Applicant must be planning to transfer from De Anza to a 4-year college or university.
2. Applicant must be a resident of San Mateo County or Santa Clara County.
3. Applicant must be enrolled in at least 6 units at De Anza at the time of the scholarship deadline and disbursement of scholarship funds. Scholarship funds will be disbursed during each primary term (Fall, Winter and Spring).
4. Applicant’s cumulative De Anza GPA must be a 3.00 or higher.
5. Applicant must upload a letter of recommendation from a former or current instructor, employer or pastor.
6. Applicant must demonstrate financial need: Applicant must file a current school year’s financial aid application (the FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov for U.S. citizens and eligible non-citizens, or the California Dream Act Application at https://dream.csac.ca.gov for undocumented students who qualify for AB540 status) at least one week prior to the scholarship application deadline by 4:00pm. NOTE: Undocumented students who do not qualify for AB540 status should contact the Financial Aid Office for guidance about completing a financial aid application.
1. In your My Story essay that is part of your general application, be sure to identify specific obstacles to your continued progress, and demonstrate your strong motivation and commitment to transferring to a 4-year college or university.
Continued Eligibility Requirements
Once awarded, recipient must meet the following requirements each quarter in order to be eligible to continue to receive the scholarship award money and, if applicable, for the scholarship to be automatically renewed for up to two years at De Anza
1. Recipient must continue to plan to transfer from De Anza to a 4-year college or university.
2. Recipient must enroll and remain enrolled in at least 6 units at De Anza during each quarter he/she receives scholarship award money.
3. Recipient must maintain a minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA at De Anza
4. In order for the scholarship to be renewed for subsequent years of study at De Anza, recipient must demonstrate financial need as determined through completion of a FAFSA or California Dream Act Application for those school years.
5. If a student finishes before the 3-year renewal the remaining amount scholarship award will be distributed to the student upon proof of enrollment to a 4-year institution. Student is to notify Financial Aid office of the timing of their transfer and the transfer to a 4-year institution within 6 months of De Anza.