Foothill Angel Sierra Memorial Scholarship
For 35 years, Angel Sierra was a counselor and professor of mathematics, chemistry and physics at Foothill College. He touched the lives of thousands of students and inspired all who knew him.
1. Applicant must have successfully completed Chemistry 1A and Chemistry 1B at Foothill College, or must be enrolled in Chemistry 1B at the time of application.
2. At the time of application AND at the time the scholarship is awarded, applicant must be an active member of either EOPS (Extended Opportunity Program and Services) or the Pass The Torch program at Foothill College.
3. Applicant must be enrolled in at least 12 units at Foothill College at both the time of the scholarship deadline and disbursement of scholarship funds.
4. Applicant’s cumulative Foothill GPA must be a 2.50 or higher.
5. Financial need will be considered: Applicant must file a current academic year’s financial aid application (the FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov for U.S. citizens and eligible non-citizens, or the California Dream Act Application at https://dream.csac.ca.gov for undocumented students who qualify for AB540 status) at least one week prior to the scholarship application deadline by 4:00pm. NOTE: Undocumented students who do not qualify for AB540 status should contact the Financial Aid Office for guidance about completing a financial aid application.