Karl S. Pister Leadership Opportunity Program (UC Santa Cruz)
The University of California, Santa Cruz has a strong commitment to the future of California. The Karl S. Pister Leadership Opportunity Program has been established to enable community college transfer students to complete their undergraduate studies at UC Santa Cruz. The program provides a scholarship of up to $20,000 distributed over two years, mentoring and academic support, and assistance in finding paid or volunteer summer work experience. There will be one recipient from each campus (De Anza/ Foothill).
The scholarship is for junior-level UC transfer-eligible students who:
• Have shown exceptional achievement through academic and extracurricular accomplishments despite adverse socioeconomic conditions;
• Have demonstrated involvement in activities that assist and improve the lives of others;
• Exhibit outstanding leadership qualities that reflect the ideals of the Pister Leadership Opportunity Program;
• Because of financial need, would not otherwise be able to attend UC Santa Cruz
Qualify for for Fall 2021 admission to UCSC as a new junior transfer student
• Students on a non-immigrant visa (e.g., F-1, J-1, etc.) are not eligible for this award.