Foothill SLI STEM Summer Internship Scholarship 2021: Tech/CS Internship
Description: Tech/CS Internship
Through the Science Learning institute (SLI), 10-12 Foothill College students will have an opportunity to participate in a computer science internship with one of two companies: Dynamic Signal , Birdeye , or Esperanto Technologies .
Dynamic Signal is an employee communication and engagement platform whose mobile, desktop, and web applications enable companies to reach each employee and build aligned, productive, actively engaged communities and employee advocates. Founded in 2010, and based in Silicon Valley, Dynamic Signal integrates with leading enterprise systems such as Microsoft’s SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, Slack, Azure Active Directory, Salesforce, Workday, and Oracle HCM.
Birdeye is an all-in-one customer experience platform which gives companies visibility and control over their customer feedback from all channels, and use this feedback to better understand their customers, improve their operations, and influence purchase decisions. More than 60,000 businesses of all sizes use Birdeye every day to be found online and chosen through listings and reviews, be connected with existing customers using text messaging, and deliver the best end-to-end customer experience with survey, ticketing, and insights tools.
Esperanto Technologies develops high-performance, energy-efficient computing solutions for Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning based on the open standard RISC-V instruction set architecture. Esperanto is headquartered in Mountain View, California with engineering sites in Portland, Oregon and Austin, Texas as well as Barcelona, Spain and other sites in Europe.
- Enrollment in ITRN 50 or 51 (depends on projected number of hours of internship). Course tuition will be covered by the Science Learning Institute or your financial aid.
- A program orientation for the summer internship program in late June with the Science Learning Institute.
- Submission of a final report of your internship experience at the end of the summer.
- Part-time (average 15 – 20 hours per week) summer internship during July and August (8 – 10 weeks). Exact dates to be determined.
Scholarship payments will occur in two installments and will depend on successful completion at each stage: one in the middle of the internship and one at the end. Total scholarship amount will be based on duration of internship but will be around $1800.
- Be majoring in a STEM discipline.
- Minimum computer science coursework: two courses in a computer programming language series (for example, CS 1A and CS 1B or CS 3A and CS 3B) with plans to take the 3rd in the series in the spring.
- Full time student at Foothill College for winter 2021 and projected for spring 2021 (at least 12 units each quarter).
- Have Foothill College as your primary school (more credits at Foothill College than at De Anza College).
- Full completion of the application, including naming a faculty/staff reference.
Priority given to:
- Students in TechCore learning community
- Students with demonstrated financial need, who have not previously had an internship or company experience, and who have the intent to transfer.
- First time degree earners (no prior degree such as a Bachelor’s or Associate)
- Fill out academicworks general scholarship application.
- Fill out supplemental application, included as a separate Google Form link in the academicworks application. Resume will be uploaded as part of the Google Form application.
- Upload unofficial transcript to scholarship portal.