De Anza Carolee Erickson Memorial ICC Scholarship
CAROLEE ERICKSON MEMORIAL ICC SCHOLARSHIP Spring 2023 Sponsored by De Anza Inter Club Council (ICC)
Carolee Erickson was a non-traditional student returning to school after raising a family as a single parent and grandmother and working in the jewelry business. She was involved in the Baha’I Club, Future Teachers Club, and Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society before becoming ICC Chairperson for the 1995-96 school year. After her term was completed, cancer that had been in remission returned. She completed her A.A. degree from De Anza College in 1997 despite declining health and received the President’s Award for overcoming adversity. She received her diploma in a wheelchair. She died a few months after graduation before completing her goal of transferring to UC Berkeley as a Secondary Education major and teaching English and History in inner city schools. The ICC Scholarship was renamed in her honor.
Purpose: To recognize students who have benefited from their involvement with De Anza Clubs
Amount: Up to three (3) $1000 Scholarships
Given by: De Anza College Inter Club Council
Deadline: Saturday, February 18, 2023. Letter of Recommendation from advisor by February 25, 2023.
- Scholarship winners will be presented at the Student Leadership Recognition Gala on Wednesday June 7, 2023 4-6 PM as well as the ICC Spring Finale (late Spring quarter, TBD). Attendance is highly encouraged.
1. Applicant must be enrolled in at least six (6) units and have completed at least eighteen (18) units at De Anza College.
2. Applicant must maintain at least 2.5 cumulative GPA from De Anza College for at least one completed quarter.
3. Applicant must be in good standing and active in at least one De Anza club.
4. Applicant must have paid your student body fee
5. Applicant may not be a current or past ICC Chair Officer
6. Applicant may only receive the scholarship once.
7. Applicant must include one letter of recommendation form completed by the Club Advisor.
8. Letter of Recommendation must be received by February 25, 2023.
1. Apply Online at the De Anza Financial Aid Office website https://www.deanza.edu/financialaid/types/scholarships.html
2. Answer the following essay question up to two pages:
Throughout your involvement at De Anza College, what unique perspective/ideal contribution do you think you made with a De Anza club? Please elaborate.
*Please be specific about your club(s) activities when writing your essay.
*Note: These questions are crucial in determining your eligibility for the Scholarship. Take your time and answer definitively.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS CANNOT BE CONSIDERED