Foothill Workforce/Career Scholarship
The purpose of this scholarship is to recognize Veterinary Technology and Radiologic Technology students pursuing AS degrees or certificates at Foothill College that will lead to employment without transferring to a four-year college or university.
1. Applicant must be enrolled in at least 6 units at Foothill College at the time of the scholarship deadline.
2. Applicant’s cumulative Foothill GPA must be a 2.00 or higher.
3. For Spring quarter of the current academic year, applicant must be enrolled in at least 8 units at Foothill College in the Veterinary Technology OR Radiologic Technology.
4. Applicant must be in good academic standing and qualified to continue in the Veterinary Technology OR Radiologic Technology OR Dental Hygiene program.
5. Financial need must be clearly demonstrated. Applicant must, therefore, file a current academic year’s financial aid application (the FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov for U.S. citizens and eligible non-citizens, or the California Dream Act Application at https://dream.csac.ca.gov for undocumented students who qualify for AB540 status) at least one week prior to the scholarship application deadline by 4:00pm. NOTE: Undocumented students who do not qualify for AB540 status should contact the Financial Aid Office for guidance about completing a financial aid application.
1. Answers to the supplemental questions will play a major role in selection of the scholarship recipients.
- $500-$1,500 (9 awards available)
- Foothill College
- Supplemental Questions
- After graduating from Foothill College, are you planning to pursue employment rather than transfer to a four-year college or university?
- Please describe any specific obstacles to your continued academic progress, and explain how you have demonstrated your strong motivation and commitment to success in your academic and career goals.
- What is your current work status? Please indicate if you are currently working as an intern in the Veterinary Technology or Radiologic Technology field.
- If you are a Veterinary Technology student, describe your love for animals and how this scholarship will help fulfill your dream of working in the Veterinarian field.
- Which is your primary school for the current academic year?
- If you are a Radiologic Technology student, describe how you became interested in this field of study and how this scholarship will help you to achieve your academic and career goals.
- Are you enrolled in either the Veterinary Technology or Radiologic Technology program at Foothill College?
- Show 2 more