Foothill San Jose Mercury News Wish Book Scholarship for Single Parents
This scholarship is intended to bridge the “Digital Divide” for families by helping single parents purchase new computer hardware and/or software.
1. Applicant must be a single parent of children under the age of 18.
2. Applicant must be enrolled in at least 9 units at Foothill College at the time of the scholarship deadline.
3. Applicant’s cumulative Foothill GPA must be a 2.00 or higher.
4. Applicant must demonstrate financial need: Applicant must file a current academic year’s financial aid application (the FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov for U.S. citizens and eligible non-citizens, or the California Dream Act Application at https://dream.csac.ca.gov for undocumented students who qualify for AB540 status) at least one week prior to the scholarship application deadline by 4:00pm. NOTE: Undocumented students who do not qualify for AB540 status should contact the Financial Aid Office for guidance about completing a financial aid application.
5. Applicant must be enrolled in at least 6 units at Foothill College at the time the scholarship is awarded.
- $1,500 (3 awards available)
- Foothill College
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you a single parent of children under the age of 18?
- Write a one-page essay titled "Digital Divide" in which you address the following six topics: 1) why you want computer hardware and/or software, 2) your level of computer experience, 3) what computer equipment you currently have at home, 4) the ages of your children who would also be using the computer hardware and/or software, 5) classes you will be taking at Foothill in the next few quarters, and 6) any special programs you are involved with, such as CalWORKs, EOPS, OTI, DRC, etc.
- Which is your primary school for the current academic year?