Foothill Conni Niles George Memorial Scholarship for Disabled Students
The purpose of this scholarship is to recognize disabled students who have overcome great hardships (for example, having lived with a disability, being the first in their family to go to college, having re-entered college after a period of absence, etc.) and have persevered academically.
1. Applicant must be enrolled in at least 6 units at Foothill College at time of the scholarship deadline and disbursement of scholarship funds.
2. Applicant must be a disabled student.
3. Applicant’s cumulative Foothill GPA must be a 2.00 or higher.
1. Financial need may be considered. We, therefore, strongly recommend that applicants file a current academic year’s financial aid application (the FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov for U.S. citizens and eligible non-citizens, or the California Dream Act Application at https://dream.csac.ca.gov for undocumented students who qualify for AB540 status) at least one week prior to the scholarship application deadline by 4:00pm. NOTE: Undocumented students who do not qualify for AB540 status should contact the Financial Aid Office for guidance about completing a financial aid application.
2. Fine Arts majors will be given preference for this scholarship.
1. If you are selected as a scholarship recipient, you may be required to submit a letter from the Foothill Disability Resource Center (DRC) or an off-campus professional that verifies your disability.