Foothill Anita Manwani-Bhagat & Arjun Bhagat Scholarship
This scholarship is intended for financially needy students who show promise to successfully complete their education in workforce certification programs or who are majoring in Science, Technology, Engineering and/or Mathematics.
1. Applicant must be enrolled at Foothill College in at least 12 units at the time of the scholarship deadline and disbursement of scholarship funds.
2. Applicant’s cumulative Foothill GPA must be a 3.00 or higher.
3. Applicant must demonstrate financial need: Applicant must file a current academic year’s financial aid application (the FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov for U.S. citizens and eligible non-citizens, or the California Dream Act Application at https://dream.csac.ca.gov for undocumented students who qualify for AB540 status) at least one week prior to the scholarship application deadline by 4:00pm. NOTE: Undocumented students who do not qualify for AB540 status should contact the Financial Aid Office for guidance about completing a financial aid application.
4. Applicant must be majoring in physical science, technology, engineering, or mathematics with the goal of transferring to a four-year college or university, OR must be pursuing an AA/AS degree or certificate that leads to employment after graduation, such as a degree/certificate in one of the Allied Health programs, Environmental Horticulture, etc..
1. Please be sure to address the following two topics in your “My Story” essay. If you need additional space, you may address these topics by answering the relevant supplemental questions for the scholarship:
- Please tell the scholarship committee about any great hardships that you have had to overcome. How have you shown promise to succeed in college and in the workforce through great perseverance and strength of character?
- Please identify specific obstacles to your continued progress, and demonstrate your strong motivation and commitment to success in your academic and career goals.