De Anza - Susanne Chan APASA Scholarship
This award is intended to recognize a student who demonstrated involvement and participation in community service, promote cross-cultural understanding, and/or advocate for social justice within the Asian Pacific Islander Desi American (APIDA) community.
Eligibility requirements at the time of submission–MUST have a minimum 2.7 cumulative GPA, successfully completed a minimum of 12 quarter units, and be currently enrolled in the 2022-2023 school year. Demonstration of involvement or participation can be either completion of an *Asian American Studies course (refer to Additional Information for the course numbers) OR volunteered or participated in an Asian Pacific Islander Desi American (APIDA) on-campus club or community activity within the last 2 years in any capacity. Must demonstrate financial need. Must complete the supplemental questions.
1) Qualifying Asian American Studies courses at De Anza includes:
ASAM (Asian American and Asian Studies) 1, 10, 11, 12, 13, 20, 21, 22, 30, 31, or 32; ELIT (English Literature) 24; NAIS (Native American and Indigenous Studies) 31; WMST (Woman Studies) 22
2) The award recipient will be expected to attend an APASA-sponsored recognition event planned in Spring 2023. Details will be provided to recipients as the event date approaches
3) Applicant may NOT have previously received the scholarship.
- (Note- A letter of recommendation is not required when submitting the application, but maybe required during the screening process.)
- 1 @ $1000
- De Anza College
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you currently enrolled in 8 quarter units at De Anza College?
- Have you completed 12 quarter units at De Anza College?
- In addition to the “My Story” essay, write an additional one-page essay, which describes A) Your experience or desire to serve the APIDA community, promote cross-cultural differences, or advocate for social justice AND B) How this scholarship might help you overcome any obstacles or hardships you face in reaching your educational and career goals.
- Please provide a reference of a De Anza faculty or classified professional staff member familiar with your educational/career goals. Include a name, job title, and email of the recommender. * (Note- A letter of recommendation is not required at the time of application, but maybe required after the deadline)
- Is your cumulative GPA at least a 2.7 at De Anza College?