Foothill FHDA Retirees Association Scholarship
To recognize students with a strong commitment to their academic major.
1. At the time of the scholarship deadline, applicant must have completed at least 2 quarters or 24 units at Foothill College.
2. Applicant must be enrolled in at least 12 units at Foothill College for Winter quarter of the current academic year.
3. Applicant’s cumulative Foothill GPA must be a 3.50 or higher.
4. Applicant must be enrolled in at least 6 units at Foothill College at the time of disbursement of scholarship funds.
5. Financial need will be considered: Applicant must file a current academic year’s financial aid application (the FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov for U.S. citizens and eligible non-citizens, or the California Dream Act Application at https://dream.csac.ca.gov for undocumented students who qualify for AB540 status) at least one week prior to the scholarship application deadline by 4:00pm. NOTE: Undocumented students who do not qualify for AB540 status should contact the Financial Aid Office for guidance about completing a financial aid application.
1. Involvement in campus activity or community service will be considered a plus.
1. Applicant must show educational commitment (emphasis should be on strong academic goals) as part of his/her “My Story” essay.