De Anza - San Jose Mercury News Wish Book Scholarship
Description: Intended to bridge the “Digital Divide” for families by helping single parents purchase new computer hardware and/or software.
1. Applicant must be a De Anza College student.
2. Applicant must be a single parent of children under the age of 18.
3. At the time of application, applicant must be enrolled in at least 9 units at De Anza College.
Write a one-page essay titled “Digital Divide” addressing the following:
- Why you want computer hardware and/or software.
- Your level of computer experience.
- What computer equipment you currently have at home.
- Ages of your children who would also be using the computer hardware and/or software.
- Classes you will be taking at De Anza in the next few quarters.
- Any special programs you are involved with, such as CalWORKs, EOPS, OTI, Puente, EDC, etc.
*Please note scholarship has no cash value student will received award as a Credit to used at the De Anza Book Store.