Foothill Gene and Jeannie Seelbach Memorial Scholarship
Earning a Ph.D. in mathematics, Jeannie was a role model for women. Her 35-year professional career in the defense industry included leadership roles at Lockheed Martin Space Systems and the Stanford Research Institute. She was awarded the San Jose YWCA Woman of the Year in 1995. This scholarship is created in loving memory by Jeannie’s friends and family.
1. Applicant must be enrolled in at least 12 units at Foothill College at the time of the scholarship deadline and disbursement of scholarship funds.
2. Applicant must have successfully completed Math 1A and Math 1B at Foothill College, or be enrolled in MATH 1B at the time of application.
3. Applicant’s cumulative Foothill GPA must be a 2.50 or higher.
4. Applicant must be an active member of either EOPS (Extended Opportunity Program and Services) or Pass the Torch at Foothill College at the time of application AND disbursement of the scholarship funds.
5. Financial need will be considered: Applicant must file a current academic year’s financial aid application (the FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov for U.S. citizens and eligible non-citizens, or the California Dream Act Application at https://dream.csac.ca.gov for undocumented students who qualify for AB540 status) at least one week prior to the scholarship application deadline by 4:00pm. NOTE: Undocumented students who do not qualify for AB540 status should contact the Financial Aid Office for guidance about completing a financial aid application.