Foothill Doorway to Success Scholarship
This award is intended to recognize students who qualify for AB540 status (https://foothill.edu/reg/admission/dreamer.html) but who are not eligible to receive federal financial aid through the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
1. Applicant must have AB540 status on file with the Foothill Admissions and Records Office. For more information, visit: https://foothill.edu/reg/admission/dreamer.html
2. Applicant cannot be eligible to receive federal financial aid through the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
3. For Fall quarter of the next academic year, applicant must either be enrolled in at least 6 units at Foothill College or must be transferring from Foothill College to a four-year college or university.
4. Applicant’s cumulative GPA must be a 2.00 or higher.
1. In your “My Story” essay that is part of your general application, make sure to address the following topics:
- What are some of the biggest challenges you face as a student?
- Who or what was your biggest influence and/or motivating factor along the way?
- How would receiving a scholarship enable you to achieve your educational and/or professional goals?
2. The scholarship recipient will be celebrated during the “Reconocimiento” ceremony.
3. If you are selected as a scholarship recipient and are transferring for Fall of the upcoming academic year, you must provide a copy of your letter of acceptance or proof of enrollment at your transfer school in order for us to send the scholarship funds to that school for disbursement.
- $600 (1 award available)
- Foothill College
- Supplemental Questions
- For Fall quarter of the next academic year, do you either plan to enroll in at least 6 units at Foothill College OR transfer from Foothill to a four-year college or university?
- Please upload a copy of your current unofficial grade transcript from Foothill College. NOTE: If you will be a new student at Foothill College for the next academic year and, therefore, do not have a Foothill transcript, please attach a copy of your high school transcript if you will be an entering freshman OR a copy of the transcript from your most recent school if you will be a continuing college student.
- Which is your primary school for the current academic year?
- Do you have AB540 status on file with the Foothill Admissions and Records Office?
- Are you eligible to receive federal financial aid through the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)?