Foothill Environmental Horticulture Scholarships
This scholarship is for continuing or transfer students who are admitted to the Foothill College Environmental Horticulture program.
1. At the time of the scholarship deadline, applicant must be admitted to the Foothill Environmental Horticulture program and be enrolled in Environmental Horticulture classes.
2. Applicant must be enrolled in at least 6 units at Foothill College at the time of the scholarship deadline.
3. Applicant’s cumulative Foothill GPA must be a 2.00 or higher.
4. Applicant must be graduating from the Environmental Horticulture program at the end of the current academic year, OR must be transferring from Foothill to a four-year college or university for Fall of the next academic year, OR must be enrolling in at least 6 units of Environmental Horticulture classes at Foothill for Fall quarter of the next academic year.
1. Financial need may be considered in case of a tie among applicants. We, therefore, strongly recommend that applicants file a current academic year’s financial aid application (the FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov for U.S. citizens and eligible non-citizens, or the California Dream Act Application at https://dream.csac.ca.gov for undocumented students who qualify for AB540 status) at least one week prior to the scholarship application deadline by 4:00pm. NOTE: Undocumented students who do not qualify for AB540 status should contact the Financial Aid Office for guidance about completing a financial aid application.
2. Some funds are available for students who have experience in growing fruiting and food producing plants.
1. If you are selected as a scholarship recipient and are transferring, you must provide a copy of your letter of acceptance or proof of enrollment at your transfer school in order for us to send the scholarship funds to that school for disbursement.
2. These funds are meant to be used on college expenses.