De Anza Association of Women in Science (AWIS) Scholarship
The Association for Women in Science (AWIS) promotes the study of science and the choice of scientific careers among women. The Palo Alto AWIS Scholarship is available to De Anza College students majoring in science, mathematics, or engineering.
1. Applicant must represent agency’s mission statement of promoting the advancement of women in science.
2. Applicant must be preparing for a major in science, mathematics, or engineering (examples: Biology, Nursing, Chemistry, Physics, Geology).
3. Applicant must be enrolled in at least 12 units at De Anza College at the time of application.
4. Applicant’s cumulative De Anza GPA must be a 3.00 or higher.
5. Applicant must be enrolled in at least 6 units at De Anza College at the time the scholarship funds are disbursed.
1. One scholarship recipient will be selected from either Foothill or De Anza.
2. The scholarship recipient will be honored at the AWIS awards banquet in May